Preventing Fraud and Protecting You
Fidelis Care has a Special Investigation Unit (SIU) to help us find, investigate, and prevent fraud and abuse in our Child Health Plus, Family Health Plus, and Medicaid Managed Care programs. Examples of member fraud and abuse are:
- Giving or loaning your benefit card to another person.
- Giving false, inaccurate, or misleading information on your application or renewal form.
Some examples of fraud and abuse committed by providers are:
- Billing for services not performed.
- Billing to receive higher payments than for the service provided.
- Billing more than once for the same service.
If you think a member or provider is committing fraud or abuse, please report it to Fidelis Care's confidential fraud and abuse hotline or e-mail address.
Toll-free Hotline: (877) 533-2400
For more information about the SIU at Fidelis Care, visit our Web site at www.fideliscare.org and click on the word “Integrity” at the bottom of our home page.